Pages

Thursday 12 May 2011

Just two exams left!!!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late blog!

This week was intense as I completed my first two exams... one on Tuesday and I just completed one today (Thursday). The amount of work I had put in was just mad to be honest (I am not exaggerating here!). It's a big weight of my shoulders as I considered those two as the "big guns". Basically I am not taking any chances here... I will go straight down to revision for AUDIT as it's the next exam next week on Friday.

Let me go through what happened:

10th May - Strategic Financial Management: This paper was ok to be fair. As you know this paper was based upon a real life case study which I had picked up 2 weeks before. The company was Toyota and the case study reflected the crisis management which they had to face (recalling their cars for safety issues). I was generally pleased with the exam paper but the only problem I had was time... it was flying big time. I managed to answer all questions but I had to rush one part of the answer. The paper had seven questions in total whereby I had to answer just four. The two weeks was just tiring because I had to familiarise with the case study and do further research on it. Hope I do get a good mark!

12th May - Finance: Just after the SFM exam, I was on it with finance. This one was chaotic in terms of revision... it was just nonstop = practicing, practicing and practicing answering past exam questions. I was feeling the pressure!!! I thought two of my favourite topic questions will be coming up on that exam. Unfortunately both didn't even feature (arghhh) which put me right off at start but I moved on. Luckily I did revise my least favourite topics and these were assessed on the day and overall I was happy with my answers. Finance is a challenging course and it is not just about maths!!! I put in a lot of work for finance... let's see if I have pulled it off.

The next exam I have is AUDIT which is on Friday the 20th. I know I have to put in the same level of hard work as I did for SFM and finance. When I finish up on this blog I will take a break and start to make arrangements for it.

I had so much support from family and friends who have wished me well. Thank you all... really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading as always! Will blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment