Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

My first ever blog...

I am currently getting to grips with this you know... not having had any experience in blogging. I would say it is a new skill to be honest.

As this is my first ever blog I do not know where to start so I am going to keep it short and simple if possible. So here it goes...

I will mention it again - time's flying big time and exams are fast approaching for all of us. Some of us are already feeling the pressure. I want time to go slow now, but that is impossible. You simply cannot do anything about it. This is the time to act and you know that I hardly take any risks when it comes to these things.

With coursework out of the way :-), it gives me time to prepare a revision timetable for the up and coming exams but the problem is that I hardly stick to it. It is difficult in many ways because there is a lot to get through in a short space of time (if you know what I mean). Nevertheless, I intend to do it this time (hopefully) because I want good grades this year so that it gives me a base for third year. It will need more than that to get these grades - pure dedication is required. Now it is not there but I am picking myself up right now. These past weeks, coursework and assessments have drained me out completely, but that is life. You just have do it and move on.

Working for the University has been rewarding for me so far. I have gained additional skills and have grown in confidence too, which I was previously lacked. Yes, I am earning money but for me that is not important (yes, you heard right). Skills that build up your confidence are significant. Especially for the course I am studying. So, study and work at the same time if you can... it can be beneficial in a variety of ways.

This week I have been attending my lectures and tutorials as always. Learning new topics every week for every single module I am doing for my course. This year, I have the best tutors to be honest. They have been helpful in numerous ways. Giving you guides on what to expect in the future etc. That is why they are there!!! They help you when you are in need. Don't be afraid to approach them, I am serious. I always do when I am stuck with something.

I have mates here old and new who have given me a lot you know and it is essential to give something back to them. There are elders (most who are graduates) in the area I live in who I respect a lot, have also given me a path to follow in order to be successful. So, there are people you can turn to who can provide you with key info.

I hope my first blog entry was good enough for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment