Pages

Saturday 13 March 2010

My second blog...

I hope I have not bored you from my first ever blog entry… if not read on:

This week had started okayish for me... The tutorial was good as we went through a good question based on preparing company accounts (A key topic in the syllabus). Then, attended a theory-based lecture at 5pm based on international accounting standards, which I am not into (Seriously!!!!). This is purely because there is hardly any number work involved and the best way I found out to get around it is by memorising key definitions (some good advice there). I know that it is definitely going to be assessed in the May exams - it has appeared in past exams too. So, I better get to grips with it now.

As you may know, I have started my revision already to be honest. Not for all my modules though. I just picked out the most challenging module to start off with => TAXATION. This module is tough and needs more time because there are many calculation methods/tax rates to get used to and so on. I have to give credit to my mate who also does Tax with me, given up his time to revise with me in our 3-hour long break. It is actually the best possible way to get forward – REVISE WITH YOUR MATES!!! It is going to be worthwhile – trust me. For me, I find it difficult to revise in a quiet place in our uni library. I tend to revise alone at home (no reason really). Some people prefer to use the library to work but it does not work for me (so choose what is best for you). I try to move away from distractions – the obvious ones - "TV" and all sorts.

Revision can be stressful at times for some of you (you may feel as if it is too much to take in - you are not wrong!!!). I keep telling myself from this point on that I should go at my own pace really. It completely drains me out when I sit down revising for hours on several topics. So try to keep it short and simple if you can - it is more effective that way. Do not revise heavily the day before the exam (that could be disastrous). I will not do that for sure. That can surely decide your fate – whether you have passed your important exams or not.

I received my research essay grade on Thursday, which I was very pleased with (that essay was stressful at times you know). All that hard work has paid off!!! That in a way goes to show - if you work hard (not to the extreme) and plan well ahead with research etc you will obtain high grades. Always follow what your tutors say, I DID THAT!!!

That's it from me this week!!! Hope to be blogging again soon... have a nice weekend everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment