Pages

Monday 17 May 2010

2 down 2 to go

I have taken two of my exams already in the same week. I have managed so far and yet there is another two more waiting for me.

I will break down what happened at the last two exam sittings:

Advanced Financial Accounting (10th May) - I was happy with the exam paper (very rare for my liking). There were only four questions, which I had to answer three only. I thoroughly revised for the three topics I was confident with because I knew from the start that it was coming up. The compulsory question on "balance sheet" and the two optional questions on "income statement" and "ratio analysis" questions were very long indeed (I totally ignored the theory question!!!). I had managed to answer all questions and I believe that I have done really well. It was not easy... especially the last question based on ratio analysis, which took me about one and a half hours to write up (I didn't expect that it would take that long... I was knackered afterwards!!!).

Management Accounting (14th May) - The questions that came up = I revised the same topics alone and with my mates - revision has slightly paid off for us. However, I was under some pressure and it got to me at the wrong moment... my mind started playing up with me while I was writing up the answer (Argh!!!). I know that I have lost significant marks... but hey, I tried my best all the way!!! (That really matters).

I have the taxation exam on Tuesday the 18th - I have revised for the two compulsory questions so far and I have still a lot to go over. Tax is no easy subject (trust me)... there is a lot to learn under income tax, corporation tax and others too. In the exam, we are going to be assessed on different areas on tax - computing on how much tax is payable/repayable by the taxpayer etc. That is why I have to be prepared and hope for the best really.

Better be off and revise for the tax exam. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment