Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

1 down... so many to go!

First thing:

Our group presentation took place this week and we did extremely well. Seriously, I am not making it up. Our tutor as well as our whole class praised us. We have set the standard now for the others to beat... obviously, I would expect them to do it but it will be extra work for them. I will admit that I was nervous at start but it was cool afterwards. After the presentation, we had individual feedback and it was encouraging news for all of us. We then had the questions to finish the session. Our tutor honestly thought that we had plenty of practice. However, we practiced only ONCE and that was the day before. I would therefore advise you not to take that approach. Luck was on our side that day.
That is one down... finally! It is good news for us but for me personally... I am not going to take anything for granted. I still haven't started on my initial study yet. I will make a start on it after I finish up on this blog... that is a promise. It just keeps on coming! The finance coursework is to be given to us on Monday... cannot wait... yeah right! LOL. What else can I do... nothing but weep.

Moving on...


Our open day took place this week (Saturday). The turnout was immense... thanks to everyone who attended. Hope you all enjoyed your visit. Yes, it was busy but time was flying big time I would say. Our group was responsible for campus and accommodation tours. A lot of people opted for accommodation tours rather than campus... I found it weird but it was fun doing the tours. I met many people who were interested to apply for my same course. I just gave them advice and my experiences to date.


If you have missed it (the open day... of course), do not worry because we have more open days throughout the year. The next one will take place on Saturday 27th November. In general, I would strongly recommend you to attend these events because it is not just about tours and stuff but you get the chance to meet course tutors and academics who will give you advice.

Until next week people.

Thank you as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment