Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

A tough start!!! Please help me!!!

Yes the title for this blog entry is fully justified. So this week university started and boy we are all dooooomed. As I have mentioned so many times before that this final year is going to kill me. There is no room to be chilling about – no more pool in the SU and other stuff too. I am serious. I have to admit and say that this first week I had witnessed was really bad. The first and second year students can get away with at least two to three weeks off doing nothing – not for this year though. Ahhh man!!!


The sad thing is that I have to submit all of this (below) before December:

1. Finance: Financial report

2. Current issues in financial accounting: Initial study

3. Strategic financial management: Business report + portfolio

Hard times!!!

Ah man... we (a group of five) have to do a presentation in less than TWO WEEKS time. This is for strategic financial management. As we are the first group to present one topic out of six, we seriously need to set a standard for the other groups to beat. That is not going to be easy. We volunteered to do the first presentation because we just wanted to get it over and done with. Time is the only problem here and we need to just have the belief that we can pull it off. Boy if we can deliver a strong presentation, we can build on that because it is going to help immensely on the report we have to do afterwards (it is all linked). I am currently doing my research now and bringing ideas for the presentation. We just have to be on track at all times.

I start term time work next week Tuesday. This is the case for me... I work one Tuesday and I miss the next Tuesday. Only twice a month. I would say that this is ideal for me because of the workload from uni studies coming up. The Tuesday that I am free, I have made commitments to go into uni and work my socks off. Please say that I stick to that valuable commitment.

I wasn’t working this week and I have missed to say my final goodbyes to two of my colleagues who left this week. Nikki and Summi. Nice people. I have learnt a lot from them in terms of work and other stuff too (they know what I am talking about). Thank you. It has been a pleasure working with you both and all I can say is that I wish you all the very best in life.

That is it for now. Got a lot of work to do.

Thanks for reading everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rukon,

    i was just reading some of your blogs and i think they are great!!

    I am a second year student studying Accounts and financial information Systems...

    do you mind if i keep in contact with you regularly because i've never studied Accounts before i started uni... and i also have soo many questions about the course but never know who to ask lol!!

    Thanks Reema

    ReplyDelete