Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

1 Exam Down!

The second term of university has started and we just done an exam on the first week back. It is such a relief to get one of your exams out of the way, considering I have four more to do in May! The exam I just did on Thursday was for one of my modules: Current Issues in Financial Accounting (CIFA). It was a morning examination at 9.30 in our Avery Hill campus.

In general, I was happy with the paper (the questions were decent) and my performance because I managed to finish it well before the finishing time, which allowed me to double check my work for errors. I always stay back until the very end and make sure that I am content with it and it actually does pay off at the end when you do receive your marks. I would say it is a good exam technique. I hope that I get a good mark because it counts for 60% of my final grade.

The day before the exam, I was in constant revision mode - practicing past exam questions (the three topics I really like) and improving my exam technique. Personally, I am not a fan of last minute revision and I believe it can backfire on you on the day... obviously you don't want that to happen. I have to be honest and say that I didn't have time to revise as much I hoped for in my three-week break because you know I had a lot on. However, the week of this exam is where I had put my head down and got the work done.

After the exam, we all heard that the grades were up for the Strategic Financial Management (SFM) report. We quickly went on the computer at The Dome to check them out. I was nervous because that report was hard. When I saw my result, I was so over the moon... I just couldn't express my delight. Double bonus on the same day and that prompted me to have a bit of fun with my mates... one of them called me up when I was on campus and then picked me up moments later and it was jokes afterwards. I haven't had a good laugh for ages and it was all worth it.

The next day it was back to work because there are only two assignments left and both are due in February. I also have a Finance test in February too... what a killer month it will be for me. It is beneficial to start your research early on, as you don't want to panic when the deadline approaches.

Until next time everyone! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment