Pages

Monday 31 January 2011

February: The "killer" month!

Hope everyone is well! A quick reminder that we have an Open Day coming up on the 5th. Feel free to attend!

So it is February!!! A month in which is congested with coursework deadlines and a test. Ok... I have the Audit coursework due on the 11th, the CIMA coursework on the 23rd and the finally the finance test on the 28th. It may not sound much to some people out there but believe me... the amount of hard work and effort required is just unbelievable. If you put the time in then it will give you results... it's true. If I can get through this month, then that would be the end for coursework... whoo hoo!!! Then again, you have the May exams to worry about and time will fly as it always does. My primary focus after the month of February will be preparing for the exams ONLY.

Quick recap:

Do you remember the finance coursework? The grades were out on the 18th when I was at work. I didn't realise it but my mate notified me after work. Once again, I was feeling nervous on my way home. When I got home eventually... it took ever so long on our stupid "mobile broadband" network to hook up on the internet. When I managed to get on the results page, I saw what I got and I was so happy. I looked back at what I had gone through at the time of doing this coursework and it was stressful to say the least.

The finance coursework was ready for us to collect the following week and I picked up my one on Wednesday. I was left frustrated to be honest because there weren't any comments made on the work I did. It was blank throughout but there was this comment made by the marker on the title page of my report: "Overall good work but minor mistakes on calculations and interpretation". Come on... that doesn't help. My mate had loads of comments made on his and marked continuously. I wanted to know where I went wrong so that I learn. It feels as if the marker only skim read my report. Not good at all.

So what am I doing now? Obviously writing up this blog and actually writing up on what I have researched for both coursework so far. You just have to do a lot of multitasking these days and I am not joking about it. So far, it is going good. I hope the research I have to hand now is sufficient for the Audit coursework. The only reason for this is that I want to finish it before the end of this week (it would be ideal). However, I have my reservations for the CIMA coursework. That one is big (the word count) and don't worry, I will have a good go at it. I will take into account feedback given to me on my initial study (which I submitted back in November) and just build on that.

That would be all people! I'll write again soon! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment