Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

Sky...messed up!

Hope you are all still enjoying your well earned break!

Moving on...

Sky messed up in getting an engineer to our place to activate the phone line (arrrrggghhh) on the 31st of December. I phoned into notify why the engineer did not attend the agreed appointment. I knew from the start that there was something fishy going on as the assistant put me on hold for 15 minutes (talk about service!). When she got back, I was horrified to hear that my agreed appointment (31st of December) was changed to the 21st of January... that's a disgrace. I said to her why wasn't I informed about this change. Sky then have the cheek to say that “the only way we inform you is when you call in to notify why the engineer hasn't attended”. Can you believe this? I had enough and told her (politely) if I can speak to her supervisor.

The supervisor was on the line straight away and explained that there had been a breakdown in communication with BT Open reach... well that's not my problem! I wanted a speedy resolution and I wasn't getting any at all. All I heard was apologies throughout. I wasn't having any of it and I just ended the call (well not like slamming it... I am not a rude person). It's obvious that due to the Christmas break Sky must have had a backlog, which they have failed to deal with. Just don't know what to do now!!!

That left us (myself and my two sisters) with a big struggle as we all have exams and coursework coming up. We need our broadband back! Luckily, my uncle lives across the street which helps - he has his own kids and they need it too. Basically, I was looking at options and the only one that came to my head was mobile broadband. The next morning headed over to Car phone warehouse and they offered me a good pay as you go deal and I went for it.

If the problem with Sky continues, I will be looking elsewhere for a better provider.

I do hope this doesn’t happen to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment