Pages

Monday 19 July 2010

One More Year Left Now!

My second year results were put up on Thursday... finally! - (A two week delay, which me and my uni mates were clearly not happy about). Anyways, I was so delighted with the results I have achieved - all that hard work (yes!!!) I put in this year... just do not know how to express it. Honestly speaking, I have done better than I originally anticipated in the exams (A big surprise). You should be all aware that I am not taking anything for granted - for my third and final year. The final year is always a killer - especially for the programme I am on. Time will obviously be flying but I shall carry on at my own pace and go beyond really. I should anticipate hurdles, which I will need to overcome in the near future - just hoping that it is not going to be that bad.

I have my first set of exemptions from the ACCA (A global body for professional accountants) syllabus. Now I need to choose the right modules and basically complete my degree so that I get the full exemptions (Nine in total). I looked at the options available for my final year along with the core modules - and I have decided to take on Audit and Assurance. I know from my elders and friends that it is just based on theory. I just have to take it on.

I am planning on a family gathering just to celebrate - well I have to do something with my mates too you know (I just cannot leave them out the picture). I told them specifically to pray for me so that I do really well and it has worked out perfectly. I have not seen some of them for quite some time - it should be great.
One of my course tutors gave us all an internet link whereby we should all apply for graduate jobs and internships (training schemes). I have registered and now I am weighing up my options. Yes, I have to take into account that it is not going to be easy getting your dream job with the recession still hanging about - well I am hoping that the recession should be ok from next year and that there are lots more opportunities for us.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment