Pages

Sunday 19 September 2010

Friday madness!

Hardly any buses were running on time (A lot of delays we experienced) this was due to the A2 being partly closed off (I think). We (3 of us) waited and waited for about 30 odd minutes for our bus, we all decided and we walked it from the Avery Hill campus to Woolwich road... yes it is the truth. That took about 2 hours... LOL - it was missions to say the least. I had to be in Cutty Sark because of my mate. He was waiting for me there, as we had to do something important afterwards. He could not stop laughing at me because of the journey I had to take.

Thanks Raz and Sumz. Without the two of you, I would have been totally hopeless... honestly.

When I finally managed to get home, my legs were not that bad to start with. Then after a few moments the pain!!! - It felt as if my legs doubled in size... wasn't nice to be honest. I do not want to go through that again... and I mean it. On the plus side... slept peacefully throughout :D.

Uni is starting very soon for us all continuing students as well as the newbies!!! Next week I got my 3rd year induction session on Thursday. The official teaching period will begin from Monday the 27th. I have to be open with you all... I am not looking forward to it (My 3rd year!). I will have to make sacrifices throughout that coming year in order to survive the ordeal, which is going to hit me so badly. I am so sure of it.

The popularity of Accounting and Finance at the University of Greenwich is really showing (BIG UP!). The calls I have had at work regarding the course is on the high. The course has so many options for you, so take advantage. It is not just maths - it has everything. It is challenging but certainly not boring... believe me. Employment routes are open for you once you graduate. You can hunt for employment in the public sector, not for profit making organisations and in public/private firms of certified or chartered accountants. Go for it!

Due to working full time for quite some time now, I have lost track of many things (do not want to go into detail). I will be working only two days next week and the two days I have off (minus the induction day) hopefully will enable me to sort everything out. It just has to be done.

Another work colleague... Davinder left us this Friday :-( All I can say is good luck in everything you do.

A lot of new students will be present in our campuses next week (I still remember my first year induction).

Enjoy your coming week people.

No comments:

Post a Comment