Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Deadlines

Never underestimate the power of friends as they can help you when times get tough. This week my uni mates and myself have decided to work overtime in order to be on top of the workload we have. As deadlines are fast approaching for us students, we need to act fast. For my first and second year, I hardly remember ever going to the library to do work. This year I have been going there constantly because of the fact we made a commitment to work together and get the work done. So far, it is going perfectly and I do hope it stays that way.

As often as possible, I try to ignore deadlines and get the work done as soon as possible. Yes, I have to admit for some silly reason I have gone lazy this year but I do the work when it matters most. I try to work very early as it allows me to relax closer to deadlines. Sadly, for some this plan does not always work as there are such assignments given over your holidays... we have e.g. Christmas and Easter. I really like it when Christmas and Easter come by because I think of them as times to relax and not think about work at all. This time round I should think again because my third year will not let me do this. Sad.

Our University is strict when it comes to submission of coursework. Therefore, I would strongly recommend you to submit your assignments on time and not on deadline day because you will not receive any marks for it if you miss it. I refuse to submit an assignment late and lose marks... that is just a personal rule of mine. The time you will be at university hopefully, every passing deadline will indicate you are getting closer to the end. This is very similar at work, as every deadline indicates you are getting closer to retirement. I would say that this is a good thing. So embrace it, and thank the deadlines for allowing you to get closer to the goal you have. Just think about it, if there were no deadlines, there probably would not be anything for you to track your progress.

To all of you with deadlines coming up all I can say is good luck. To some of you who have missed deadlines... learn people. I hope all of you are in a comfortable position with assignments and other stuff too. Don't worry you will hopefully be able to celebrate the freedom of having nothing to do soon.

Next week on Tuesday is EID... so family fun and have a laugh with my mates and so much more!!!

I think it is enough for today. Enjoy your coming week people!!!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment