Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

Another Draw

The world cup is turning out to be pointless for England. Yes... another bitter draw!!! I have to admit they were just awful against Algeria... it is the truth. Every single England player on the pitch was all over the place - there was no desire to win the match. Mr Rooney has not given the team anything yet... I thought he was going to be our star player for this tournament. Everything is going against them at the moment. I just feel sorry for the fans who had paid good money to see them perform you know. Come on Capello, deal with it please!!! England must win against Slovenia convincingly this time just to ease the pressure a bit (a lot of hard work is needed). Please put Joe Cole on the next game - he will show something.

To be honest, the world cup has not lived up to my expectations yet. I was looking forward to a lot of high scoring games, players to be on fire and more really. It has not happened yet. By the way it was nice to see the favourites, Spain, lose their first match against Switzerland. I was watching the match at work at the time. Argentina look like the potential team to win this competition - well that is what I think. Wait... I have to stick with England all the way. They will do well - something will click at the right time.

This week I was working in events - campus visit (Eastbrooke School) and our official open day. The turnout on the open day was massive... it was nice to see family and friends together and having a great time. The atmosphere was great... the weather clearly wasn't on that day! Typical British weather. It is noticeable that people (mostly tourists) just love our Greenwich Maritime campus - if you have not seen our Greenwich campus yet, what you waiting for? I am not joking about with you all... it is a nice area to be in.

The University of Greenwich is hosting the South London Higher Education Fair on the 21st June in our Greenwich campus. Oh boy, I have to wake up so early because we all have to be in the campus for a 7am start. Around 50-60 universities (I think) will be there (including Greenwich of course) to offer advice on courses and on other areas too. So it should be a busy day for us ambassadors.

No comments:

Post a Comment