Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

The Beautiful Game

I was working throughout this week - covering for a full time member of staff at our Greenwich campus (International and Enquiry Unit Office). Normally I deal with enquiries over the phone in our Avery Hill campus. This week I dealt with enquiries... real life questions face to face - I had to be prepared. As it were mostly international queries, I did pick up handy tips on how to deal with some situations from a member of staff... responsible for international queries.
Many questions were raised from international students regarding payments of fees, qualifications and visa applications. The member of staff kept her ears open just in case if I make a mistake - I didn't. It went well as I managed to answer them and they were satisfied. You get this buzz when you are praised with the way you help someone. It happened to me on Thursday whereby a prospective applicant was so happy with the service they received. Considering this - we (ambassadors) attended a transferrable skills session - training, which was prepared for us on Monday. It was highlighted that we all shall exceed expectations... very important indeed.

The world cup is on and it is going okish! ENGLAND have played the Americans and drew!!! It is not all that bad. Yes, you just have to admit that Robert Green made a very bad mistake - headlines made already. The question was asked in my last blog entry - "are they really cursed when it comes to big competitions?" erm... I'll leave that for you to answer now. You have to say that England played really well and because of that howler... it did hit them. I believe that they will go through with the performance they had shown on Saturday. I trust Capello!!!



I really wanted England to give the Americans a good lesson - what do you think people? They call it soccer... their own fans do not even know most of the players on the team. That does say it all for the Americans. You have to hand it to them - they played well and were lucky to be fair to escape with a draw. England deserved better - well that is life!

I am going to be watching more football next week and will be working too.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment