Pages

Saturday 26 June 2010

What a week!

It was a good week for nearly all of us. The new iphone 4 - wait... reception problems when you hold it on your left hand lol. The British weather - people are just loving it, cannot blame them really. Make the most of it whilst it's there people.

World cup:
England are through (finally). You just have to admit they played really well and should have killed off the game early on - a lot of missed chances (lots!!!). I watched the first half only because I had to get ready for additional training, which took place in our Avery Hill campus. Anyways, I did manage to catch up by watching the highlights. I just cannot wait to see Rooney to show a bit of magic in front of goal - he hasn't yet. The game against Germany I would believe is the ideal one for him. I am blogging away and the match is only two hours away - England should win. Ok, Germany has a very good young team compared to England's experienced stars. Now you tell me... who has the edge? My prediction: 2-0 to England - Rooney among the scorers (I just had to say it).
France and Italy out... they were just not good enough. Credit goes to Ghana for beating the Americans - a good match it was. Yeah, just hoping to see more and more good matches from now on.

We (The University of Greenwich) hosted the South East London Higher Education Fair on Monday the 21st. It was a busy day - even though the event was split between two rooms. We generally had hundreds coming through the doors. To start the working day for this event, I had to wake up at 6am - erm... way too early for me. Always look at positives - I am being paid after all. It was an enjoyable experience for me as it was my first higher education fair I have worked in. When I was covering for my colleague for our own stand, I met at least five people who really want to do Accounting and finance (my course) in our university. I gave them advice about the course and other key info too - e.g. how to get around first year, student life etc. I was totally dead when I went home - I just went to sleep.

I am going to be working in the enquiry unit on Tuesday as well as Wednesday next week. More footy, films and chilling with mates throughout that week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment