Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

My First Car

Time is flying everywhere (seriously!) even at work... a big surprise. This holiday period that we all have is nearly finishing :-(. I just cannot think about my next academic year because of what a killer year it is going to turn out for us.

Work has been relatively busy but not that busy (you know what I mean). As I have said before in my previous blogs - I am enjoying my time at work at the moment. I am not having a blast again... my colleagues were very nice to me this week (LOL). There were jokes and more jokes here and there but I did not react that badly (Like I have said before... I am a softy). Just hoping that next week will be the same too - or will it? Time will tell.

Presentation!!!

Three of my colleagues and myself have been chosen to do a presentation for the newly recruited clearing officers. It is scheduled for the 17th of August - which is going to be the 7th day of Ramadan, I think. I just hope that I will not cry out for a drink of water halfway through the presentation. This presentation should be good and I will to my upmost try to be fully prepared for it. I admit... presentations are still not my strong point. Working for this university has given me a lot, which, I have learnt a great deal from. By doing events and having attended training sessions, I have built up confidence in presentations and other areas too. I do need to work on other areas as well so that I am fully confident in the work I do.

GOOD NEWS!!! My dad has put a deposit on my very first car. I have paid for the insurance and I have to apply for the permits for parking. When that is all done... my uncle is going to pick it up for me by Thursday next week. I am so happy. What else can a boy ask for? I have waited for quite some time for this very moment. I am so grateful to my parents and a great deal of credit goes to my uncle for his hard work in picking out the right car for me. I'll let you all know more on my next blog.

A Rukon Lookalike with his first car! Plush!
Oh yeah... people I watched The Karate Kid with my family and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I would strongly recommend you all watch it too. I had to give that recommendation.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment