Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

The snow isn't helping!

The snow was great when we were kids (primary schools etc) but I don't like it anymore because of the problems we all face.

Tuesday morning I got up for work and noticed the snow but it was minor in my area. I realised that it was bad when I was on the bus to work... with traffic and all sorts. I did manage to get into work on time but due to the heavy snow, my manager decided to let us go early that day. It was good to be fair because it gave me additional time to finish my finance coursework.

I submitted my finance coursework that very day in fact and it was a roller coaster ride. I just ended up changing figures on Microsoft Excel. Copying and pasting my number work from Excel to Word was a pain (believe me... or even try it yourself). Took me ages to sort it out and I wasn't happy about it. It was meant to be in report format and having completed a few reports in the past... I think that I have done ok (I just followed the same layout). The written part wasn't easy but it had to be done. I hope that I do get a good mark on this report because I worked so hard on it for weeks and it counts for a big chunk of the overall module.

So the finance coursework is done! Now I am doing the report on Inditex for Strategic financial management, which is due next week. This coursework causes students all sorts of problems (tutor commented on last year's students). I know that isn't encouraging news but you do learn from mistakes made from the past. The good thing is that the head lecturer had given us guidance on what to do and even provided us with an example of good work from last year... but on different company (in my opinion that report is fantastic). So, expectations are high and I will have to match that standard required. Not easy but I am trying my best.

So it is another week of intense work and no weekend for me again! Once that report is done, I should get some rest (deserved rest). Then at my own pace, move onto revision for an exam in January. I am clearly not taking any chances. I just want to do well as it is my final year.

I will finish this blog for this week! It is icy outside so be very careful.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment